I have to admit that I’m more than thrilled to see the year 2020 almost here. I am one of those people who get excited for the new year and the opportunity to jump-start my goals, dreams, and ambitions that may have gotten put off in the previous year. In this blog, I want to discuss some things I am looking forward to the most.
- Starting some workshops at my church: For one, I am super excited to start some journaling and goal setting workshops at my church. I have done this a lot in my personal life but having a place to do this as a group is super exciting to me! I want to create an atmosphere that not only invites healing but helps others pull out their own inner healing by using the craft. I am so grateful I have a pastor and a father who gives me room to challenge myself and the opportunity to do so whenever I ask.
2. Getting more involved with our church youth– Another thing I am planning is some sleepovers and day trips with the youth of our church. I remember being very close to the other church children when I was younger and want my children as well as the other kids I care about to have the same opportunity. A lot of them are getting to the age where peer pressure and other situations are beginning to present themselves. I want to be someone they are comfortable talking to if they ever need someone outside of their parents. I in no way want to be a replacement of any kind, but to this day I have loving church family members that I sometimes reach out to when I’m not comfortable discussing certain things with my parents.
3. Finishing my book- I have been working on this Christian book for over 2 years and it’s time to stop procrastinating and get it out into the world. I know that it could change lives and I’m just sitting on all the knowledge that the Holy Spirit has given to me. I need to truly invest in myself this year and work on the things I love.
4. Read more books- Towards the end of this year I really started reading again like crazy. In the last 2 weeks, I have finished 15 books and the peace and relaxation I feel after curling up with a good book is something I realized I missed and wish I would’ve gotten back to it earlier on. This year I not only want to read more but expand my genre of novels.
5. Pay down my debt– I have over 50,000 in student loans and another 10 on credit cards. I’m not ashamed to share those numbers because those credit cards and that student loan debt helped me get my bachelor’s, masters, and provide for my family when money was tight. Now that I’m in a financially better place its time to get those numbers down. My goal by the end of 2020 is to have all my credit card debt gone and the student loans down to at least 30,000. Fingers crossed I can do this !.
6. Lastly, I want to be present more– I plan on cutting back the social media surfing and dedicate that time to being with my children, my husband, and perfecting my craft. I want to start job hunting again and I really want to discover myself in a new way than ever before.
Please feel free to share your goals in the comments or direct me to your blog to check out your new year’s resolutions/goals! I’m open to adding to mine and interacting with others about theirs as well!